Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2015

Replacing Negative Thoughts with Beautiful Colours & Positive Energy


It helps me to create something, that I feel is beautiful, that didn't exist before, and put it out into the world. Sure most times they don't make it any further than my apartment but I find peace in the process of creation.        
 & when it comes down to it the goal of everything I create is exactly that, to slowly replace my negative thoughts with beautiful colours & positivity!    
Because the mind isn't Mathematical - a negative & a negative DO NOT make a postative... In this case the only thing we can do is to attempt to flood the negative with positivity.

One of the hardest parts of this for me, has been learning the patterns of my anxiety-related negative thoughts. Which though difficult has made it easier to control the outcomes of my thoughts & focus on the things I DO want to be thinking about, doing, & ultimately inviting into my life. As well as finding a balance between doing those sometimes not-so-fun things that I may not necessarily think I want to do in the moment, but know will benefit me in the long run & making time for the people, places, and passions I love & bring joy into my life.  Sometimes my anxiety can manifest it's self in some pretty obscure symptoms which makes it difficult at times to truly gauge "is this just my anxiety or is this real"& while I would like to say that I have mastered this - the truth is I haven't & am sometimes guilty of ignoring messages my body is trying to send me to slow down & just write it off as anxiety.

Aside from that some of the other issues I have faced are with people who see it as fake, which it truly never is! One of the good & bad quailities of anxiety is that I have almost no ability to hide or fake my emotions... So if I am smiling and happy then that is real & genuine & I have no way of containing it even if i tried - but on the same hand, I also was never given the ability to contain the not so pretty emotions either, & when I get upset there is no hiding or concealing it either. I guess what I'm getting at is that I feel things in a BIG way - both the good & the bad, so why not let me laugh, smile & create in this moment, even if in the next I am riddled with anxiety! My concentration on the good is not a denial of the bad; it's a shift in focus.

Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment