Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

DIY Jewelry Organization

I have always been a lover of jewelry - the more the merrier!!  I have been collecting jewelry for as long as I can remember & have always loved to hang the flashier costume jewelry as Art & displaying it on the walls of every room I've ever had! The majority of it being fun inexpensive pieces that may or may not turn your skin green. I have put together a short list of incredibly inexpensive DIY solutions to organizing large amounts of jewelry in a way that is 'view-able' & use-able!  It is soo much easier to mix & match your jewelry when it is accessible & organized!
Most if not all of these can probably be done by up-cycling/ re-using items you already have laying around your house!!

Tangent : A little trick to prevent this from happening with those extremely cute rings that have proven to not always be friendly - Apply a coat of clear nail polish & VOILA you'll never have to worry about another ring being lost/ forgotten on the side of a sink... (Please tell me i'm not the only one who's done this more times than I can count?!)

Necklace Gallery Wall

The First way I have ever organized my Jewelry & the way I Display the majority of My Necklaces to this day - Dry Wall Tacks - They are like tiny baby nails & I love them because I find they make it look like my necklaces are just floating on the wall. Depending on how many pieces you are looking to hang-up there is a tun of ways you could go about this! - I like to do mine in simple clean lines to create a streamlined look! 

DIY Cork-board Jewelry Display 

I have had quite a few lovely ladies ask me about how I made this Earring / Bracelet Holder & it honestly couldn't be simpler to make & is defiantly something that could be done on a budget (most if not all of the supplies can be picked up from a Dollar Store for less than $5.00)

I created mine using a large desk/office sized cork-board that one of my older brothers was going to throw away -  one mans trash is another womens treasure holder! After a few coats of paint it was ready to go!

I painted the wooden frame black & the cork board gold - be for-warned that the cork will absorb the paint, so it will take several coats - be sure to allow each coat to dry completely before applying another coat!  


Depending on the size of your Cork Display / Jewelry collection a tun of different things can be stored & displayed on here. I use Mine to Display the majority of my Earrings & 'hang-able' bracelets. 

When Displaying Earrings: Be sure to use a Thumb-tack Pre-poke holes for each of your earrings to go into - don't try and force your earrings through the cork .
I keep the earring backs in my jewelry box.
On the lower portion I  used clear & funky rhinestone Thumb-tacks as little hooks to hang some of my bracelets.

Maybe it's the OCD coming out in me; But one of my absolute favourite things about this organizational system is that each piece of jewelry has a spot - so it is very easy to keep organized & you'll never unknowingly misplace an item again! 

I attached some Silver tulle style ribbon to the back of the cork board & tied it in an over-sized bow to hang! 

               Cute bowls / jars for Rings, Watches, Bangle Bracelets,                       & All Things Pretty



I have had both of these pieces for several years now -  The White bowl is from Dollarama & The Bow box I believe is from Hallmark. & is actually intended to be used as a candy dish. 
 I find this to be really practical, and makes it super easy to just grab a piece and go.
 Not to mention clean-up is as easy as tossing them back in - talk about no hassle.   


I hope that you have found this helpful, be sure to keep your eye on the blog as I will be another Fast Fingers Giveaway hiding in an upcoming post!
 & remember to ALWAYS 
Dream Big   Sparkle More   Shine Bright

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing an amazing post. J.Strickland Jewellers is a Jewellery Deals Store offers Womens Stirling Silver Necklace, Silver Chain, Womens Jewellery, Silver Pendant and Necklace, Cubic Zirconia Pendant and Necklace with super discount offers.

    ReplyDelete