Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2014

DIY Christmas Tree Garland

I am certain I am not the only one who has been seeing this old 90’s style swinging back into trend!!
 I remember seeing “JOY” on Monica’s Tree on the show Friends & thought it was the cutest thing ever – When I started seeing it in advertisements leading up to the Holiday I knew I just had to try it! Such a simple & inexpensive way to add create a big impact on your tree, and is certainly something you could easily switch out & update annually!

Supplies:


  • A Hole punch / Hot Glue Gun
  • Decorative string 
  • Card Stock Paper
  • Glitter
  • Craft Glue
  • Paint brush
  • Stencil OR Create your own.

OR
NOTE: I created Mine using left over card stock & gold glitter – you could Simplify this even FURHTER by using Glitter Paper – which you can find at any Craft or Dollar store – usually less than $1.00 a sheet!

How To:

Before you do ANYTHING you will have to choose your word/phrase.

If you do not have alphabetical stencils the appropriate size – my letter are about 3 x 6 INCHES but you may want to adjust the sizing depending on your tree size – you will have to create/draw your own or PRINT them off the computer. 

I only needed to create 3 stencils to create my phrase - so drew mine by hand using Graph paper as a guide. See Images below.


 You will then need to trace & cut out the appropriate number of each letter on either your card stock or Glitter paper to create your phrase!

EXAMPLE: Fa La La La La La La
1 x F
6 x L
7 x a


If like me, and you chose to use cardstock – you will want to add the Glitter at this point.
Using a Paint Brush – apply a liberal about of glue & sprinkle with glitter. Let set to dry – shake of any excess back into the bottle/ jar. 


Punch a hole using your Hole punch and loop through the holes OR Attach the string to the back of each letter using Hot Glue. & Display! 

Just a little heads up for those who see it - be sure to Follow & keep your eyes locked on the Upcy Blog in 2015 for Fast Fingers Giveaways! - Details to come. Stay Tuned. 

Dream Big      Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment