Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sparkle Reindeer Silhouette Canvas

1 MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! 
The countdown starts now! I have been wildly busy these past few weeks & have quite a few posts - some shamefully from as far back as summer that I hope to get up sooner than later. In the mean time / In honor of the 1 Month mark - I decided to share a quick, simple & inexpensive but still super cute Holiday canvas tutorial to create a dramatic, eye catching piece to dress up a festive mantle or use as a wall hanging to warm up a bare wall.


I have provided the stencil I used in the Tutorial below - Simply click on the image to view & print OR Pin it to your Pinterest & save for a later date!

Supplies: 

  • Raindeer Stencil 
  • Canvas
  • Glitter
  • Clear Drying Craft Glue 
  • Paintbrush
  • Scissors 
  • Masking Tape 

How To: 

Step #1. Begin by printing out your stencil Attached Below, as a negative. 

Step #2.  Cut out the stencil as a negative as shown below.

 Step #3. Tape the stencil to your Canvas. 

Step #4. Using a paint brush apply glue from the outside of the stencil in ONLY to avoid any seepage issues.  


Step #5. Shake on your loose glitter - leave to sit for a few minutes and then shake of any excess glitter & carefully remove stencil & allow time to dry completely. 
 I absolutely LOVE all things that sparkle & glitter - SHOCKER - I know
& Christmas is the perfect time of year to bring that sparkle into your home decor!
I hope you have been enjoying this mild weather as much as I have & remember to always 
Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment