Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Pot of Gold at The end of the Rainbow - All things St. Patrick's

St Patrick's Day is tomorrow & though I wasn't initially planning on doing anything ( I am not really a drinker or into the club scene in the slightest so most of the celebrations for this holiday are not really my thang') regardless... & in reality I was obviously in serious denial (anyone who knows me knows that Holidays don't simple come and go around this gal...) & the closer it crept the more I felt the need to do at least something minor at least to my 'Martha-wannabe" standards that was more my kind of party!! 
The Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow
Lately I have been absolutely obsessing over Tassel Garlands which will soon be available on my Etsy Shop! (More info about this to follow) Making this one was what really put me in the celebratory mood!! 
Obviously green food is kind of a MUST on St. Patricks day & cupcakes are a good idea every day of the week so this seemed pretty basic & absolutely necessary to me!
The Pot of Gold at The end of the Rainbow - Details.
Metallic is very big for spring 2014 - At least it is in my world!! (almost everything in my apartment has undergone some kind of metallic face lift) So I switched out on of our picture frames and made this super simple 4 Leaf Clover out of gold foil to help tie in the St Patrick's Day decorations to the rest of the room! The Green vases are just some old milk bottles I had been collecting that i thought may come in handy for a future art project ( Que hoarding intervention) I just pored in two different shades of green paint, its a super old/well known trick that is pretty much fool proof!! & then of course my mason jar or rainbow candy (that was left over from my Christmas stockings) - inedible for sure but very pretty to look at!!
St Patrick's Day DIY Potato Center Piece 
Decorating for the Holiday's does not have to mean going out shopping, and spending a lot of money! There is so many unique ways to just put a spin on everyday items and really make a festive touch without costing you a CENT!
I collected up some old potatoes, three white candles (from IKEA) in varying sizes, a glass vase, and some  regular old potatoes, my everyday beige table runner and a length of green ribbon, all things I already had lying around the house and crated this cute and very classic Irish Center Piece! 
The Pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow DIY St. Patrick's Day Manicure
I was trying to hold back on using Green as much as possible and experimented with some new less traditional decoration & design ideas for St Patrick's day & really loved the Pot of Gold theme and decided to just carry it over onto my Nails as well! 

I hope that you all have/had lots of fun Celebrating and making memories St. Patties Day in whatever way your heart desires & remember to always 
Dream Big Sparkle More   Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment